Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tell the Stories While They're Hot, (and While the Dog Sleeps)

Today he asked to go out!
He stood in front of the door and barked. A nice sedate woof.
First I thought the cat was coming up the stairs, as the head of the stairs down to the bedrooms where she likes to go is at the same place the door to outside is.
First I ignored the bark - or said something about the cat not being available just now, but then I saw him start his sniffing routine. Ooooh! I get it! (Brilliant dog!) and out we hustled.

Then, as we started this quiet time, (he is asleep on my feet) he decided I must be protected from birds. So he barked a time or two at the crows and bluejays that were flying around. Then he lay in front of the glass doors, carefully watching. Then he decided all was well and came over to my feet to sleep.

Oh, and on our 'pack walk' around the condo campus he insisted we stop at the mailboxes so I could get my mail. I didn't want to - I'm not all that interested in the mail, but I had been doing it just to put variety in the pack walk. Now he thinks it's a 'must do', and I dutifully opened the box, looked at the stupid mail, put it back in the box and got on with our walk.

What a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment